Tuesday, March 6, 2012

okra/lady finger fry

hi,
   I love okra especially the fry but the problem is everyone in my family loves it.It's a big task because i have to chop so many of them to make fry enough for every one.So i don't make it often, instead i go with okra curries,but whenever i make this ,it just vanishes in minutes and a lot of complaining will be seen on who got the major portion.My daughter says 'Daddy ate my fry' or 'I didn't get enough' so on &on.Love to see the dramas and my okra's.It's really simple to make and i made it mushy the way i like it.So lets see what is this drama about


Ingredients:
      okra              = 2lbs
      onion            =1 big /2 small, finely chopped
      zeera            =1/4 tbsp
      chili powder =1 tbsp
      turmeric        = a pinch
      salt               =ac to taste
      curry leaves  =5-7 leaves
      oil for frying

preparation:
     wash the okra & pat it dry with dry towel
     I chop my okra finely but if u want u can chop it into 1/2 inch thick pieces
     Take a pan ,add 2 tbsp of oil,when its hot add zeera,curry leaves.be careful they will splutter
     then add onions,salt, turmeric.Once they are golden brown add chopped okra
     keep it on low flame and cook it without lid
     let it sit like that & only stir occasionally not to let it burn
     If u stir frequently it gets mushy
     Once okra is cooked ,add chili powder
     switch off the stove after 5 min and serve
                    Enjoy,Thanks for visiting
     
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment