Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Masala vankai/ Spicy brinjal - My Mil's secret

Hi,
   Normally i don't prepare Nuna Vankai frequently,so when my in-laws came to stay with us.My hubby asked my Mil for it but we both didn't remember it until late in the afternoon.It was lunch time & my hubby was due to come in 15 min.My Mil told me that she has a secret recipe & made it.Though it is not the same it was tasty.When my husband came,he found out but he was ok & happy.Now let me tell u my Mil's secret.

Ingredients:
       brinjals     =5 no
       onion       =if big 1/2 ,if small 1 no
       ginger garlic paste=1/2 tbsp
       chili powder      =1/2 tbsp
        Dhaniya powder=1/2 tbsp
        zeera                =1/4 tbsp
        green chillies     =3 no
        Turmeric          =pinch
        salt                  =ac to taste
        oil

preparation:
     Grind onion,ginger garlic paste,chili powder,dhaniya powder,zeera,green chillies,turmeric,salt in mixer without adding water
      clean the brinjals & make 4 cuts in the brinjal but not completely.make the cuts so that the stalk are still attached
       Now stuff the brinjal with ground paste
       Take a pan ,add 2 tbsp of oil,Keep it on low flame[In US it will be like 3/4]
       Once it is hot, add the stuffed brinjal and cook with lid on
       Don't let it burn,turn it and add oil if needed,if you think the inside of brinjal is still bit raw,flatten the brinjal little bit
       Once it is cooked ,add the remaining ground paste and let it cook
       Once done ,switch off the stove and serve
       Enjoy & Thanks for visiting
   

No comments:

Post a Comment